Re: PDF vs Markup Languages

From: Selmer Bringsjord <brings_at_RPI.EDU>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 14:56:01 -0400

I've looked at this material on XML; interesting. The info on Math
puzzles me, however. Latex -> html works pretty darn good, even though
the equations are images. (As an example, I offer

        http://www.rpi.edu/~brings/SELPAP/CT/ct/ct.html.)

Starting from raw Latex, I should be able to go to whatever XMLish thing
is going to go to the imageless equations for the web. At any rate, it
must indeed all be (as Arthur suggests) a matter of education, for I don't
understand why someone would write in anything but these powerful roots
for documents in an on-line world. Cheers, //Selmer