Re: Continuing the discussion

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_COGSCI.SOTON.AC.UK>
Date: Sat, 17 Oct 1998 14:23:30 -0400

On Thu, 15 Oct 1998 12:04:40 -0400, Bruce Edmonds <b.edmonds_at_MMU.AC.UK> wrote:

>Presumably this forum will end at some point. So, does
>anyone know of any alternative forum to continue disucssion.

I am sure that the online editor of the American Scientist Forum is not a
pedant. This Forum has had some impact, which is still growing. Moreover,
it is still quite active. "September" refers only to the month it started.

I am sure the September Forum will be allowed to continue here until it runs its
course, and that AmSci will keep the archive of it online even after that.
(Indeed, I am quite prepared to archive it if/when AmSci no longer wishes to.)

The economies of scale being what they are, the cost for AmSci are
minuscule, whereas the benefits for the learned community appreciable.

So sit tight.

Stevan Harnad