Re: Eprints Open Archive Software

From: Ken Weiss <ken.weiss_at_ucop.edu>
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:12:28 +0100

We have successfully installed the Southampton E-print software at
the California Digital Library.

It is fully functional. We have successfully uploaded and downloaded
papers, including PDF formats.

We are composing a note to Robert Tansley with our comments on the
installation process, the documentation, and a few suggestions for
changes/enhancements.

All in all, I think we owe a debt of thanks and some hearty
congratulations to Stevan Harnad and Robert Tansley.

We will be testing the software over the next few months, but our
preliminary impression is very favorable. This package appears to work
really well.

Ken Weiss ken.weiss_at_ucop.edu
California Digital Library Technologies (510) 710-3356 (voice)
UC Office of the President (510) 763-2471 (fax)
1111 Franklin Street #7313B ken.weiss.pager_at_ucop.edu (text page)
Oakland, CA 94607-5200