Re: Congress Acts to Shut Down Government Web Site Used for Journals Research

From: Steve Hitchcock <sh94r_at_ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 15:36:28 +0100

Mary Jean Johnson's notice about PubScience is out of date. According to
the latest issue of the Free Online Scholarship Newsletter 8/16/01
(http://www.topica.com/lists/suber-fos/read/message.html?mid=1604307847&sort=d&start=0)

"... the Senate has rejected the House measure and restored PubScience
funding in its own recent spending bill. Next month the House and Senate
must agree on a final version of the bill."

  Andrea Foster, Senate Bill Offers Tacit Approval of Scholarly Web Portal
  Scorned by House
  http://chronicle.com/daily/2001/08/2001080901t.htm

You'll need a subscription to the Chronicle to view this item as it's not
part of the free section.

Steve Hitchcock
Open Citation (OpCit) Project <http://opcit.eprints.org/>
IAM Research Group, Department of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton SO17 1BJ, UK
Email: sh94r_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)23 8059 3256 Fax: +44 (0)23 8059 2865