Re: Moral rights in corrigenda

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_cogprints.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 25 Feb 2002 11:20:52 +0000

On Mon, 25 Feb 2002, Graham P Cornish wrote:

> I do agree with Charles over this issue - it seems to me to be a bit of a
> red herring. But then many fascinating arguments about copyright are just
> that but none the less interesting!!

The only trouble is that if we are side-tracked into endless
discussions of interesting red herrings, the real goal -- which is open
access to the refereed research literature -- remains unreached, indeed
blocked by stacks and stacks of interesting red herrings!

I think we should -- if for no other reason than to avoid making us
look too silly to the future historians of all this -- cut to the
quick. We have already had over a decade of interesting inaction.

    "Prima-Facie FaQs for Overcoming Zeno's Paralysis"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Tp/resolution.htm#8

Stevan Harnad