Re: ePrint Repositories

From: Stevan Harnad <>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:54:39 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Linda Humphreys wrote:

> Does anyone know of a web site which gives links to the
> copyright policies of publishers and/or journals? We're
> particularly interested in policies relating to e-prints.
> The only one we know of at present is:
> 'Clinical Medicine - Journal policies'

    "Re: Nature's vs. Science's Embargo Policy"

    "Re: Academic Press Journal Article Copyright Policy"

    "Evolving APS Copyright Policy (American Physical Society)"

    "Re: APS copyright policy"

    "Association for Computer Machinery Copyright/Self-Archiving Policy"

    "Berkeley Electronic Press's Self-Archiving Policy"

    "Elsevier Science Policy on Public Web Archiving Needs Re-Thinking"

    "Re: Interview with Derk Haank, CEO, Elsevier"

    "NEJM's New Website and New Policy"

Stevan Harnad

NOTE: A complete archive of the ongoing discussion of providing free
access to the refereed journal literature online is available at the
American Scientist September Forum (98 & 99 & 00 & 01):

Discussion can be posted to:

See also the Budapest Open Access Initiative:

and the Free Online Scholarship Movement: