Re: ePrint Repositories

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 16:54:39 +0100 (BST)

On Thu, 13 Jun 2002, Linda Humphreys wrote:

> Does anyone know of a web site which gives links to the
> copyright policies of publishers and/or journals? We're
> particularly interested in policies relating to e-prints.
>
> The only one we know of at present is:
> 'Clinical Medicine - Journal policies'
> http://clinmed.netprints.org/misc/policies.shtml

See:

http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/#publishers-do

Also:

    "Re: Nature's vs. Science's Embargo Policy"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/0498.html

    "Re: Academic Press Journal Article Copyright Policy"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/0579.html

    "Evolving APS Copyright Policy (American Physical Society)"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/0471.html

    "Re: APS copyright policy"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/1902.html

    "Association for Computer Machinery Copyright/Self-Archiving Policy"

    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/1944.html

    "Berkeley Electronic Press's Self-Archiving Policy"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/1896.html

    "Elsevier Science Policy on Public Web Archiving Needs Re-Thinking"
   http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/0136.html

    "Re: Interview with Derk Haank, CEO, Elsevier"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/1964.html

    "NEJM's New Website and New Policy"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/1332.html

Stevan Harnad

NOTE: A complete archive of the ongoing discussion of providing free
access to the refereed journal literature online is available at the
American Scientist September Forum (98 & 99 & 00 & 01):
                            or
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/index.html

Discussion can be posted to:

See also the Budapest Open Access Initiative:
    http://www.soros.org/openaccess

and the Free Online Scholarship Movement:
    http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/timeline.htm