Re: EPrints Handbook

From: Thomas Krichel <krichel_at_OPENLIB.ORG>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:42:59 -0500

  Roy Tennant writes

> Here it is at the EconPapers archive in Sweden:
> http://econpapers.hhs.se/paper/cdloplwec/38.htm
>
> Here it is in the WoPEc archive in the UK:
> http://netec.mcc.ac.uk/WoPEc/data/Papers//cdloplwec38.html

  There URLs come through RePEc project, see http://repec.org.
  RePEc provides a few more services of this style. They all
  deliver to a common pool of logs that has abstract view
  and downloading statistics, see http://logec.repec.org
  This can show authors with figures at hand how well they
  are doing. Most RePEc services contribute to this common
  pool. A set of current awareness lists that are filtered by subject
  editors, see http://nep.repec.org, does not do this at the moment.

> Formerly, we talked about the possibilities of OAI in the abstract to
> our faculty. Now we can demonstrate it in reality. That, as you might
> imagine, is a powerful thing.

  Yes, but David Cahill is right that you can not build many
  good services with the oai_dc metadata. For your data, we
  rely on massaging cdl data into RePEc's internal format to
  deliver the services that we do.

  We really need better data and better metadata.

  Cheers,

  Thomas Krichel mailto:krichel_at_openlib.org
                                              http://openlib.org/home/krichel
  CORRECT private phone: 1-718-507-1117 RePEc:per:1965-06-05:thomas_krichel