Re: OAIster: A Harvester Across Multiple Institutional Eprint Archives

From: Kat Hagedorn <>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 11:10:58 -0400

The University of Michigan Libraries Digital Library Production Service
is pleased to announce the launch of the OAIster search interface,
version 1.;page=simple

OAIster has harvested a large number of records from a variety of
institutions -- 274046 records from 55 institutions -- that have made
these records available using the OAI protocol (see Each of these records leads to an actual
digital resource hosted at an institution.

You can learn more about a particular institution's collection we are
harvesting at We are also
committed to improving our service -- see our future plans and the
progress we are making at

We are very interested in gathering more records, OAI-enabled or
snapshots of records that aren't yet OAI-enabled, to include in our
service. The more records we serve, the more valuable this service
becomes for the end-user. Please get in touch with me at
to discuss this further.

Kat Hagedorn
OAIster Librarian
Digital Library Production Service