GNU EPrints 2.1 Released

From: ePrints Support <eprints-support_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2002 12:53:53 +0100

 GNU EPRINTS Version 2.1 Released 4th July, 2002

GNU EPrints 2.1 Released.

EPrints 2 is free software which creates web based
archives, containing documents and metadata.

News and Major New Features:

 * EP2.1 has OAI 2.0 support (and still supports OAI 1.1).
   See http://www.openarchives.org/ for more information.

 * Subscription service. This allows registered users to
   store one or more searches. Every day/week/month the
   user will be emailed any new or changed records which
   match their search.

 * Name changed to "GNU EPrints" as we have joined the GNU
   project. See http://www.eprints.org/gnu.php for more in
   depth explanation.

 * open.ac.uk has provided us with a service which makes it
   easy to create a discussion forum for each record in
   your archive. A "how-to" in the documentation explains
   how to take advantage of this.

 * There has been some interest from a UK company in
   providing a pay service to assist installing and maybe
   hosting archives. Whatever happens we still plan to
   develop and support the GPL version.

For more infomation see:
http://www.eprints.org/

For a demo see:
http://demoprints.eprints.org/

--
 Christopher Gutteridge                   eprints-support_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk
 ePrints2 Coder, Support and Stuff        +44 23 8059 4833