Re: Should Publishers Offer Free-Access Services?

From: Thomas J. Walker <tjwalker_at_MAIL.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 14:30:37 -0400

Late last April I posted a summary of a talk, at an ALPSP seminar, that
described how two
societies had profited from allowing immediate free Web access (IFWA)
to articles in their journals.

At the end of the summary, I provided this link to the PowerPoint version
of the talk:

"The talk and notes that go with it are accessible at
http://csssrvr.entnem.ufl.edu/~walker/epub/ALPSP.htm"

I recently discovered that this link led to a much earlier talk rather than
to the ALPSP talk. I've corrected the problem and my apologies to anyone
who wasted time trying to figure out what was wrong with the link.

Tom Walker

Thomas J. Walker
Department of Entomology & Nematology
PO Box 110620 (or Natural Area Drive)
University of Florida, Gainesville, FL 32611-0620
E-mail: tjw_at_ufl.edu (or tjwalker_at_mail.ifas.ufl.edu)
FAX: (352)392-0190
Web: http://csssrvr.entnem.ufl.edu/~walker/