Re: Momentum for Eprint Archiving

From: Subbiah Arunachalam <subbiah_a_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 04:07:11 +0100

The Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore, has
started an institutional archives. For more
information, please contact <raja_at_ncsi.iisc.ernet.in>.
[IISc also has started a programme called SciGate to
assist the faculty and students of the institute.]
Developing countries need such archives as by and
large papers published by DC scientists do not get
noticed.

Arun
[Subbiah Arunachalam]

http://oaister.umdl.umich.edu/cgi/b/bib/bib-idx?c=oaister;page=simple

http://www.carl-abrc.ca/projects/scholarly/open_archives.PDF

http://libraries.mit.edu/about/news/early-dspace.html

http://delos-noe.iei.pi.cnr.it/activities/internationalforum/All-Projects/us.html

http://www.oclc.org/institute/events/sbs-new_harvest.htm

http://library.wustl.edu/~listmgr/imagelib/Apr2002/0002.html

http://www.archimuse.com/mw2002/papers/cole/cole.html

http://www.carl-abrc.ca/projects/institutional_repositories/index.htm

http://www.adelaide.edu.au/pr/publications/inside_adelaide/2002/13may/news/eprint.html

http://www.openarchives.org/news/oaiv2press020614.html

> June 22, 2002. A group chaired by Colin Steele
> completes specifications
> for a national center to promote eprint repositories
> in Australia. The
> specifications were requested by the Australian
> Department of Education,
> Science and Training department. There is no web
> site yet for this
> project.
>
> July 1, 2002. OAIster launches version 1.0 of its
> search interface.

=== message truncated ===