Questionnaire for academic authors

From: Elizabeth Gadd <>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:04:23 +0100

I should be grateful if OAI implementers would advertise this online
survey to any academic communities they are a part of. It emanates
from the UK RoMEO project which aims to ascertain and address the rights
issues relating to self-archiving.

The survey asks academic authors for their views on the copyright in their
research papers and how they would want their rights to be protected
in a self-archiving environment. We are hoping that the results will
support the development of open-archiving by demonstrating exactly what
academics are (and are not) concerned about with relation to copyright
protection of their research.

The questionnaire can be found at

Further information about the RoMEO Project can be found at

Many thanks

Elizabeth Gadd, Research Associate &
Editor, Library and Information Research News
Department of Information Science
Loughborough University
Loughborough, Leics, LE11 3TU
Tel: +44 (0)1509 228053 Fax: +44 (0)1509 223072