Re: Draft Policy for Self-Archiving University Research Output

From: David Goodman <dgoodman_at_PHOENIX.PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 16:47:25 -0500

The institution did not, in general, pay for the research.
In most of the sciences, the public paid for the research though the
system of research grants. Even when the money comes from institutional
funds, the institution if public got those funds from the public taxes,
and if private got it from donors, who were subsidized to some extent by
the charitable gift provisions of the tax laws.

My personal view.

Dr. David Goodman
Princeton University Library
dgoodman_at_princeton.edu