Re: Comments on Barry Mahon's ICSTI Forum article

From: Barry Mahon <mahons1_at_eircom.net>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2003 13:14:15 -0000

http://www.icsti.org/forum/41/index.html

>sh> The conclusions to be drawn from all this are staring us in the face.
>sh> I hope that Barry will see them more clearly now...>

I wrote the piece to do exactly what Stevan has done, open up the
discussion for STI Professionals (BTW, STI Professionals are not just
STI publishers.... but all those involved professionally in STI) -
maybe we can have some more input to the discussion from them.

The motivation was to try to deal with the widespread, in my opinion,
confusion between the various aspects of OA amongst STI professionals -
our meeting on 23/24 Jan, in which Stevan participates, is part of the
same process.
http://www.inist.fr/openaccess/en/programme.php

I don't think there is any final, staring us in the face, solution for
STI publishing in what is happening at present and there might never
be, what we are seeing is change, illustrative of a lively sector of
activity. Let us discuss that.

Barry Mahon, Executive Director, ICSTI