FOS Newsletter resumes publication

From: Peter Suber <>
Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2003 19:59:53 +0100

The Free Online Scholarship (FOS) Newsletter has been dormant since
September 2002, but I'm happy to announce that it has resumed regular
publication. It has a new name, the &quot;SPARC Open Access
Newsletter&quot;, and a new publisher, SPARC.

I just mailed the first issue under the new name. Among other
things, it covers Martin Sabo's Public Access to Science Act, the threat
to open access from spam remedies, and some detail on what made the
revival of the newsletter possible.

If you're not a subscriber, you can read the new issue online,

For the same reasons that the FOS Newsletter has become the SPARC Open
Access Newsletter, the FOS Forum has become SPARC Open Access
Forum. All subscribers to the FOS newsletter and forum are
automatically subscribers to the new SPARC editions. But of course
new subscribers are welcome.

SPARC home page on the newsletter and forum

My own home page on the newsletter and forum

It's good to be back.

Peter Suber

Open Access Project Director, Public Knowledge
Senior Researcher, SPARC
Editor, SPARC Open Access Newsletter
Editor, Open Access News blog
Research Professor of Philosophy, Earlham College