Re: SHERPA will take over the Romeo Publisher Policy Table

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 01:38:30 +0000

On Mon, 27 Oct 2003, [identity deleted] wrote:

> When publishers allow the posting of full texts either in eprint
> repositories or on authors' personal web pages, do they mean that it can
> only be the preprint (before peer review) or might we also post the proofs
> (after peer review) with some slight improvements still to be made before
> getting into the final published version.

The Romeo table gives partial answers:
http://www.lboro.ac.uk/departments/ls/disresearch/romeo/Romeo%20Publisher%20Policies.htm

"Blue" publishers support preprint self-archiving, "green" publishers
support both postprint and preprint self-archiving. "Preprint" normally
means the unrefereed draft and postprint the refereed draft, but by
"preprint" some publishers mean their own PDF and some mean their PDF by
"postprint"! So the Romeo results will have to be clarified.

In general, a blue publisher supports the self-archiving of *at least* the
pre-refereeing draft and a green publisher at least the refereed draft.

Stevan Harnad