Re: Peer Review Reform Hypothesis-Testing

From: Gerry Mckiernan <gerrymck_at_IASTATE.EDU>
Date: Sat, 29 Nov 2003 12:11:52 +0000

        Invisible Hand(s)
        Quality Assurance in the Age of Author Self-Archiving

I am pleased to announce the publication of my recent contribution to
Jekyll.comm: International Journal of Science Communication
    http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/home_eng.htm
titled
    "Invisible Hand(s) Quality Assurance in the Age of Author
    Self-Archiving," Jekyll.comm: International Journal of Science
    Communication no. 6 (September 2003)
    http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/commenti/foc06_01.ppt
OR
    http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/commenti/foc06_01.pdf

[I am most grateful to Nico Pitrell for his kind invitation to submit
to Jekyll.comm!]

"Invisible Hand(s)" is one of four articles from the Focus section of
Jekyll.comm devoted to Peer Review that also include contributions from
Stevan Harnad, Marco Fabbrichesi, and Andrea Cerroni
    http://jekyll.sissa.it/jekyll_comm/focus_eng.htm

The articles are extensions/continuations/elaborations of presentations
made at the Peer Review in the Age of Open Archives held in Trieste,
Italy, May 23-24, 2003 at the International School for Advanced Studies
(SISSA) (Gerry McKiernan, Stevan Harnad, Marco Fabbrichesi) or written
for the Jekyll.comm feature (Andrea Cerroni).
    http://www.sissa.it/~marco/ws.html

"Invisible Hand(s)" explores one of many issues related to Peer Reviewthat
I address in the presentation prepared for the Trieste Workshop titled

"Alternative Peer Review: Quality Management for 21st Century Scholarship"
    http://www.public.iastate.edu/~gerrymck/APR-1.ppt

I would be Most Grateful for Any and All Comments, Queries, Critiques,
Questions, or Cosmic Insights, about My World View as presented in
"Invisible Hand(s)" and/or "Alternative Peer Review."

Gerry McKiernan
Invisible Librarian
Iowa State University
Ames IA 50011