American Scientist Open Access Forum: 2004 email and URL updates

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2004 12:10:33 +0000

    NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: american-scientist-open-access-forum_at_amsci.org

Dear Amsci Forum Participants:

First, Happy New Year!

The new year has brought with it a change in the website URL as well as
the email address for posting to the American Scientist Open Access
Forum.

The message below from Don Hunter, the system director at AmSci is not
quite complete, and there are still a few bugs to iron out (because
at the moment the Forum has two archives at AmSci, and they have
started to diverge because of the address changes: That is why you
probably got 2 copies of Prof. Arunachulam's posting today! I had to
repost it, as it had been sent to the old address, and only appeared
in the old archive!)

I hope the old and new website addresses and the old and new email
addresses will be aliassed or re-directed automatically, because I
know it will take a while before everyone knows and remembers to use
the new addresses. Till then, I will re-post everything that goes to
the old address by hand.

You can help me by noting and using the new addresses!

Please send postings to

    NEW EMAIL ADDRESS: american-scientist-open-access-forum_at_amsci.org

To link to the website archive, please link to (and bookmark) the URL of the

    NEW WEBSITE:

But that URL is *too long* to key in by (error-prone)
in by hand! I have asked that it be shortened to
http://american-scientist-open-access-forum.amsci.org/archives/amsci.html
but this has not yet been done. Meanwhile, here is a shorter link:

    SHORTER LINK TO NEW WEBSITE: http://makeashorterlink.com/?M36812EE6

You will be relieved to hear that the URL for the Hypermail version of
the complete AmSci archive remains unchanged!

    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/index.html

With the very best wishes for 2004!

Stevan Harnad