Re: DOAJ, OAIster and Romeo should chart growth, as EPrints does

From: Andy Powell <a.powell_at_UKOLN.AC.UK>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 10:36:54 +0000

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004, Stevan Harnad wrote:

> This note from Peter is very interesting. At the moment, however,
> the views from
> the Directory of Open Access Journals (DAOJ)
> the OAIster Directory of Institutional Archives
> and the Romeo
> and the Directory of Publisher Policies on Author/Institution self-archiving
> are all still too static! What we need is a sense of how they are growing
> with time.

For info...

The ePrints UK project is now maintaining a snapshot of the state of the
eprint archives and open access journals within UK academia (at least, all
those that we know about and harvest from).

The intention is to provide ongoing monthly snapshots of the number of
known archives and a count of the number of records harvested from each.

Distributed Systems, UKOLN, University of Bath, Bath, BA2 7AY, UK       +44 1225 383933
Resource Discovery Network