Re: The Green and Gold Roads to Open Access

From: Dr.Vinod Scaria <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:51:46 +0000

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, David Goodman wrote:

> In our discussions of OA, I feel there is a need for better terminology
> to distinguish between the arXiv-like database or repository model,
> in any of its modifications, and the two types of journals: those paid
> at the reader end, and those paid for at the journal-production end.

There is a third variety of Open Access Journals which are Externally
funded and have no paying involved at either ends (reader or author). The
Calicut Medical Journal funded
by the Calicut Medical College Alumni Association and Internet Health funded by the CCMIR belong to this

Best regards

Dr.Vinod Scaria
Mobile: +91 98474 65452

EXEC Editor: Calicut Medical Journal