Re: The Green and Gold Roads to Open Access

From: Dr.Vinod Scaria <drvinod_at_HotPOP.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 16:51:46 +0000

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, David Goodman wrote:

> In our discussions of OA, I feel there is a need for better terminology
> to distinguish between the arXiv-like database or repository model,
> in any of its modifications, and the two types of journals: those paid
> at the reader end, and those paid for at the journal-production end.

There is a third variety of Open Access Journals which are Externally
funded and have no paying involved at either ends (reader or author). The
Calicut Medical Journal http://www.calicutmedicaljournal.org funded
by the Calicut Medical College Alumni Association and Internet Health
http://www.internet-health.org funded by the CCMIR belong to this
category.

Best regards

Dr.Vinod Scaria