Re: Google's Scholarly Search Service and Institutional OA Self-Archiving

From: Arthur Sale <ahjs_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 02:55:08 +0000

    Prior Amsci Threads:

    "Australia gives $12 million to support open access"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/3098.html

    "University policy mandating self-archiving of research output"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/3438.html

-----------------------

Stevan

[...]

...Scholar Google are working with the National Library of Australia
to test OAI harvesting from the government-funded ARROW Discovery
Service http://arrow-test.nla.gov.au/

[...]

...ARROW is still in development mode. Marking OAI-retrieved articles
with an asterisk should be a cinch, or a separate service (less useful).

Public comment, since posted to ozeprints. ADT=Australian Digital Theses
(not OAI compliant), NLA=National Library of Australia.

Arthur

Arthur Sale
127 Tranmere Road, Howrah, Tasmania 7018, AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6247 1331 (International replace '(03)' by '+61-3-') or Mobile 04
1947 1331