Re: Eprint versions and removals

From: Marie Meyer <marie.meyer_at_vertilog.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2004 12:35:46 +0000

> In the OAI/OA world the reader discriminates *exactly* the same
> way the reader selects in the "reader-pays world": On the basis of
> the name of the journal in which the article appeared. Publication
> name is one of the OAI tags.
> http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/#What-self-archive

Thanks for the explanation. How do I know that the self-archived version I
am looking at is the same as the "official" version that appeared in the
prestigious journal - that no important but subtle changes have been made?

Marie Meyer

    [MODERATOR'S NOTE: Again, to save time and space, please see:
    http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/#2.Authentication
    http://sophia.univ-lyon2.fr/boai/self-faq_fr.html#2.Authentication
    http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/#23.Version
    http://sophia.univ-lyon2.fr/boai/self-faq_fr.html#23.Version ]

Pertinent Prior Amsci Topic Threads:

    "Text authentication, plagiarism, and degree-of-authorship"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/2185.html

    "Eprint versions and removals"
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/2847.html