NIH public-access policy finally released (fwd)

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 18:51:32 +0000

See also: http://www.biomedcentral.com/news/20050203/01/

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 2005 13:47:28 -0500
From: Peter Suber <peters_at_earlham.edu>
To: SPARC Open Access Forum <SPARC-OAForum_at_arl.org>

The NIH has finally released the language of its public-access policy:

Policy on Enhancing Public Access to Archived Publications Resulting from
NIH-Funded Research (February 2, 2005)
http://grants.nih.gov/grants/guide/notice-files/NOT-OD-05-022.html

This is essentially the same version of the policy that I described as
weakened and watered down in yesterday's issue of the SPARC Open Access
Newsletter. I refer you there for my comments on the policy.
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/fos/newsletter/02-02-05.htm#nih

Peter Suber
Open Access Project Director, Public Knowledge
Research Professor of Philosophy, Earlham College
Author, SPARC Open Access Newsletter
Editor, Open Access News blog
http://www.earlham.edu/~peters/
peter.suber_at_earlham.edu