Re: RCUK policy on open access

From: Michael Fraser <mike.fraser_at_computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2005 21:26:03 +0100

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005, Stevan Harnad wrote:

> Michael Fraser -- who is in charge of creating Oxford University's Institutional
> Repository -- is *so* right!
>
> http://www.oii.ox.ac.uk/collaboration/?rq=specialevents/20050610
> http://archives.eprints.org/eprints.php?url=http%3A%2F%2Feprints.ouls.ox.ac.uk%2F

Just for the record (and to allay any concerns in my own institution...) I
am not *in charge* of creating Oxford's institutional repository. I was a
co-organiser of the 10 June workshop to which Stevan refers and
responsible for putting together a scene-setting document to assist
discussions about an Oxford University policy for open access to research
(which is being revised in light of the workshop before being made more
widely available).

Best wishes,

Michael
---
Dr Michael Fraser
Co-ordinator, Research Technologies Service & Head of Humbul
Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road
Oxford OX2 6NN
Tel: 01865 283 343