Re: Jan Velterop and Springer

From: Georg Botz <botz_at_GV.MPG.DE>
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:57:18 +0200

May I add a little correction to Stevan's comment:

Articles for which authors pay 3000 USD via "Open Choice" are *not* OA, but
can only be accessed without charge from the SpringerLink website only.
Orr, in Springer's own words:
"Copying, reproducing, distributing, or posting of the publisher's version
of the article on a third party server is not permitted."
(Quoted from "Open Choice Details" cf. www.springeronline.com/openchoice)

But nevertheless, Springer is a "green" publisher.

Georg Botz

 Dr Georg W. Botz
 Open Access Policy
 Max Planck Society