Re: Dlib article has errors

From: Eberhard R. Hilf <hilf_at_ISN-OLDENBURG.DE>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 20:59:10 +0200

the analysis is a gross underestimate of the real sitution.
Asking experts from countries means one gets the official registered
OAi repositories and the nationally in the University Libraries
scene registered OA-repositories.

However, Open Access institutional repository means what it says:
- open access documents on prime scientific results on institutional
servers, which comprise not only OAi-compliant, not only Library servers,
but also institutes, departments, etc.
For just one learned field, where we collect information from all
worldwide scientific institution'server we see, that documents there
are at least more than a factor of 10 more than the few, comprised in the
d-lib study. Try http://de.physnet.net/PhysNet/physdoc.html
Due to technical limitations at present we collect only about 10% of what
is really out there, as can be easily checked by examples.
Thus, OA development is much broader, earlier and widespread as these
studies seem to suggest.
Eberhard R. Hilf