Re: Not a Proud Day in the Annals of the Royal Society

From: (wrong string) édon <jean.claude.guedon_at_umontreal.ca>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2005 08:40:03 -0500

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

Even the RS admits that some publishers make too much money. To quote
their take on it: "While some companies do appear to be making excessive
profits...". This said, although OA may have been catalyzed by the
excesses of some publishers - Gordon & Breach remains famous in this
regard, and not only for excess profit-making -, it is about open
access, not excess profits.

Jean-Claude Guédon

--
Dr. Jean-Claude Guédon