Re: Openj-gate Launch

From: guedon <jean.claude.guedon_at_umontreal.ca>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 07:12:42 -0500

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

As I was involved with the inauguration of this remarkable portal - I
mean Open J-Gate - I would like to express my concern about the
comparison between Open J-Gate and DOAJ in the statement below. Each of
these two projects are extremely good, and, in my opinion, should not be
pitted against each other. On the contrary, I see them with respective
and complementary strengths. Ways to reinforce this complementarity
should be explored and implemented.

My own personal wish is simple: at the forthcoming meeting in Lund in
April, it would be wonderful to see representatives of both projects
meet and discuss about the ways and means to proceed forward together,
in an open and constructive manner which will benefit each project in
particular, and the whole OA movement in general.

Jean-Claude Guédon