Re: Lawrence Lessig, Tax-Payer "ReadyReturn" and Research Access

From: J.F.B.Rowland <J.F.Rowland_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Tue, 2 May 2006 16:32:35 +0100

Quotes from Lessing:

"And what if private schools pushed to reduce public school money so more
families would flee the public system?"

In effect isn't that was tax-cutting governments seeking to 'cut public
expenditure' and made up mostly of private-school alumni do all the time?

"Or what if taxicab companies managed to get a rail line placed just far
enough from an airport to make public transportation prohibitively
inconvenient?"

There are certainly places where taxi drivers' organisations lobby against
public funding of improvements to public transport.

Fytton Rowland, Loughborough University, UK.