Re: Book on Open Access (N. Jacobs, Ed., Chandos 2006)

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2006 06:40:10 +0100

Of the chapters in Jacobs, N., (Ed.) Open Access: Key Strategic,
Technical and Economic Aspects (Chandos Publishing: Oxford), published
17 July 2006, all but two are known to have already been made available
Open Access (through self-archiving by their authors). Steve Hitchcock has
very helpfully listed all the URLs at:
http://www.eprints.org/community/blog/index.php?/archives/93-Open-Access-Key-Strategic-Technical-and-Economic-Aspects.html

(For the subtle sleuth, the identity of the two missing chapters will
speak volumes -- although I hasten to add that it is journal articles
and not book chapters that are the primary and exception-free targets
of the OA movement, and I don't doubt that the tardy two will get 'round
to it sooner or later...)

Stevan Harnad