Re: GNU EPrints: "World's Best Practice"

From: Arthur Sale <ahjs_at_ozemail.com.au>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 11:50:32 +1000

As I read the question, it is rather: Can Eprints/DSpace/et al generate a
pdf file which is the publication list for a named author?

The answer is yes and it should be pretty simple, but I haven't seen the
facility as a turnkey operation in the standard repository. I suspect that
it is in the IRRA add-on module for Eprints and DSpace. Post the question on
the relevant software discussion list.

The key problem to watch for is if the author enters his or her name
differently in the repository (eg Alan Other, A.Other, A.N.Other), or if (as
in my university) you have 10 or so people named Robert White (or other
common names).

We generate the results of searches on the repository for web pages however.

Arthur Sale