measuring affiliation

From: Wichor Bramer <Wichor.Bramer_at_RIVM.NL>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2006 13:09:14 +0200

When selecting input for my institution's IR, I encountered many articles
in our current (non-full text) database, that have over 30 co-authors, of
which only one is affiliated to our organisation. We will be administring
centrally, so the decision is mine and my colleagues'.

I'm not too keen to include these in our repository. what's your opinion on
this? Should only articles where al least the first author is affiliated to
the institution be entered. Where can we draw a line (if we can). How much
author affiliation does one need?

Best regards,

Wichor Bramer,
informatiebeheerder

T: 030 274 3962
F: 030 274 4404
E: wichor.bramer_at_rivm.nl
I: www.rivm.nl

Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu
Antonie van Leeuwenhoeklaan 9
Postbus 1
3720 BA Bilthoven