Re: Future UK RAEs to be Metrics-Based

From: <l.hurtado_at_ED.AC.UK>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:56:10 +0100

I've done a quick check of the publications by Openheim supposedly
showing a strong correlation of RAE standings and citations in
journals, and it seems to me that all I can find are studies to do with
psychology, anatomy, archaeology, etc., ALL OF WHICH use
journal-articles as the prized mode of research
productivity/publication.
Can Openheim or STevan point me to studies of, e.g., English Lit,
History, Religion, with similar results??
I know that this list is not about this issue primarily, but it's the
(over?)confidence of Stevan on this that puzzles me . . . in the
apparent absence of the empirical proof that he so values. Or please
correct me by pointing to the publications I request (preferably
online, of course!).
Larry