Re: Please Register All OA Institutional Archives in ROAR

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Sun, 8 Oct 2006 12:13:21 +0100

> In Japan, 57 universities are constructing their IR by "Next-generation
> scientific information resources infrastructure"
> that is called "CSI project".
> http://www.nii.ac.jp/irp/index-e.html

Dear Dr. Fozaki:

Congratulations on the 57 IRs!

As only 18 are registered in ROAR
http://archives.eprints.org/?country=jp&version=&type=&order=name&submit=Filter

could I aks you to encourage the rest to register, as soon as they are up? It will help
encourage the rest of the world to follow suit.

Also, if any Japanese IRs adopt a self-archiving policy (especially if it is a
mandate), I hope you will encourage them to register it in ROARMAP:
http://www.eprints.org/openaccess/policysignup/

Best wishes,

Stevan Harnad
American Scientist Open Access Forum

Chaire de recherche du Canada Professor of Cognitive Science
Ctr. de neuroscience de la cognition Dpt. Electronics & Computer Science
Université du Québec à Montréal University of Southampton
Montréal, Québec Highfield, Southampton
Canada H3C 3P8 SO17 1BJ United Kingdom
http://www.crsc.uqam.ca/ http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/