Re: Australian mandates update

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 01:44:19 +0000

On the good authority of Arthur Sale (and Peter Suber), the classification
of the ARC policy in ROARMAP has been upgraded to a mandate.

    http://www.eprints.org/openaccess/policysignup/

There are now 16 mandates worldwide, 4 of them in Australia: A
departmental and university-wide one at U. Tasmania, a university-wide one
at QUT, and a funder mandate at ARC, soon to be joined by another funder
mandate (NHMRC) and reinforced by the RQF (the Australian counterpart
of the RAE).

Congratulations to Australia and the Archivangelist of the Antipodes,
Arthur Sale (and also to Tom Cochrane, Paul Callan and Colin Steele)!