Re: Study Identifies Factors That Could Lead to Cancelled Subscriptions

From: David Goodman <dgoodman_at_Princeton.EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2006 14:11:06 -0500

Stevan,

I am a little puzzled by your responses.

Are you seriously giving as a positive feature of self-archiving in
institutional repositories that it is relatively inefficient and relatively
confusing practice?

But in another posting today* you praised them, as their
finadbility was now fully equal to centralized repositories, and you
called the most successul of all the centralized archives "obsolescent."

David Goodman, Ph.D., M.L.S.
previously:
Bibliographer and Research Librarian
Princeton University Library

dgoodman_at_princeton.edu

*(I have added the other posting at the bottom )