Re: Journal embargo periods.

From: J.F.B.Rowland <J.F.Rowland_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:55:23 +0100

Without wishing to defend this particular case, I feel I should point out
that there needs to be some sort of relationship between the length of the
embargo period and the frequency of publication of the journal. A journal
published only twice a year which had an embargo period of six months would
have only one issue under embargo at any time; a weekly with a six-month
embargo would have 26 issues protected. Publishers of quarterlies typically
want a minimum of a year's embargo.

Fytton Rowland, Loughborough University