Re: Journal embargo periods.

From: David Prosser <david.prosser_at_BODLEY.OX.AC.UK>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 13:28:28 +0100

The case for varying embargos based on frequency of publication is often
stated, but I wonder if librarians actually look at the number of issues
under embargo when making cancelling decisions? Is the fact that there may
be only one issue under embargo important?

It would be interesting to compare the access curves for these two astronomy
journals with other astronomy journals to see if there were any significant
differences.

David

David C Prosser PhD
Director
SPARC Europe

E-mail: david.prosser_at_bodley.ox.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0) 1865 277 614
Mobile: +44 (0) 7974 673 888
http://www.sparceurope.org