Re: Mandatory policy success

From: Lee Giles <giles_at_IST.PSU.EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 10:09:17 -0400

I believe this is not true for all disciplines in academia. Physicists
have been self
archiving for years with ArXiv while most computer scientists have been
putting their
papers online at their web sites for others to download and for digital
library
search engines such as CiteSeer, Rexa, Libra, etc. to crawl and index.

This latter trend is increasing for other disciplines such as cognitive
science, economics and academic business.

Best

Lee Giles