Re: JIBS/JISC Workshop on 'Discovering Eprints

From: Steve Hitchcock <sh94r_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:42:33 +0100

Google makes the known needles easy to find in IRs. Here's the harder
part. How do I find what I don't know about? In other words, it's
there in an IR, just like there's lots of stuff in repositories, but
how do I find it if I know nothing about it? Is it just random
chance, or is there a more systematic way? Alternatively, how do IRs
advertise their contents to people?

Steve Hitchcock
IAM Group, School of Electronics and Computer Science
University of Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK
Email: sh94r_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tel: +44 (0)23 8059 7698 Fax: +44 (0)23 8059 2865