Testing Success Rates vs Stimulating Them

From: Leslie Carr <lac_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 14:56:52 +0100

It occurred to me that it is rather bizarre behaviour to go to the
trouble of exporting ISI bibliographic metadata about my publications
solely to measure the effectiveness or shortcomings of my
repository. Much better by far to import that list into my repository
to top up my missing articles and provide me with the basis on which
to upload my own research papers. Then the very act of *checking* my
own personal OA effectiveness ensure that its value is 100%.

To that end I have created (with a lot of help from Chris Gutteridge)
an ISI Import plugin for EPrints, so that anyone can use it to check
and supplement their own self-archiving practices. It is in beta at
the moment, but if anyone is interested in trying it out in their
repository, please let me know.
--
Les Carr