Re: post-print definition

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 11:34:15 -0500

Take "postprint" to refer either to the author's final, peer-reviewed,
accepted draft or to the publisher's PDF. Unless specified otherwise, assume
that the green light to deposit the postprint pertains to the author's
final, peer-reviewed, accepted draft. That is and should be the default
option. That's what most green publishers endorse depositing. That's enough
for OA. That's all that access-denied would-be users the world over need.
Forget about the publisher's PDF. Let's get 100% of authors' postprints OA
at long last!

For definitions, see: http://www.eprints.org/openaccess/self-faq/
#What-is-Eprint

Stevan Harnad
American Scientist Open Access Forum
http://amsci-forum.amsci.org/archives/American-Scientist-Open-Access-
Forum.html

Chaire de recherche du Canada Professor of Cognitive Science
Institut des sciences cognitives Electronics & Computer Science
Universite du Quebec a Montreal University of Southampton
Montrel, Quebec Highfield,
Southampton
Canada H3C 3P8 SO17 1BJ United
Kingdom