Scientometric Ranking of Research Productivity and Impact

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2007 12:46:49 +0000

Still a primitive tool (and based mostly on Scopus), but Scimago
http://www.scimagojr.com/ is yet another hint of the enormous
latent scientometric potential that is waiting to open up for us
-- if only we open up the data that we ourselves are providing --
(by mandating OA)! (Sample Scimago, and then also sample Citebase
http://citebase.eprints.org/, and exercise a little combinatory
imagination.)

(Thanks to posting by Peter Suber in OA News.)

Stevan Harnad
AMERICAN SCIENTIST OPEN ACCESS FORUM:
http://amsci-forum.amsci.org/archives/American-Scientist-Open-Access-Forum.h
tml
    http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Hypermail/Amsci/

UNIVERSITIES and RESEARCH FUNDERS:
If you have adopted or plan to adopt a policy of providing Open Access
to your own research article output, please describe your policy at:
    http://www.eprints.org/signup/sign.php
    http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/71-guid.html
    http://openaccess.eprints.org/index.php?/archives/136-guid.html

OPEN-ACCESS-PROVISION POLICY:
    BOAI-1 ("Green"): Publish your article in a suitable toll-access journal
    http://romeo.eprints.org/
OR
    BOAI-2 ("Gold"): Publish your article in an open-access journal if/when
    a suitable one exists.
    http://www.doaj.org/
AND
    in BOTH cases self-archive a supplementary version of your article
    in your own institutional repository.
    http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/
    http://archives.eprints.org/
    http://openaccess.eprints.org/