Re: European Research Council Mandate Green OA Self-Archiving

From: Fred Spilhaus <FSpilhaus_at_AGU.ORG>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2008 17:36:14 -0500

Many books in the physical sciences are compilations of peer
reviewed articles. Perhaps we can avoid the mandates by
calling all the journals "book series"; a trivial difference
if it preserves the review process, archiving of complex
format through changing systems and responsibility on all
users to pay what they can so that the market serves them.

I'll be in Berlin and hope to see some of you; but not on a
dueling ground.

Fred Spilhaus Executive Director, AGU

2000 Florida Avenue NW Washington DC 20009 USA
Phone: +1 202 777 7510 Fax: +1 202 328 0566
E-mail FSpilhaus_at_AGU.org
To see what AGU is doing go to http://www.AGU.org

Fred Spilhaus