Re: Publisher's requirements for links from published articles

From: (wrong string) édon <jean.claude.guedon_at_umontreal.ca>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:20:24 -0400

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

I think Jean-Claude has perfectly understood the question and it is
one that was debated some time ago.

In many disciplines, citability requires going to the page level. If
the deposited article in an IR is not paginated in the same fashion
as in the journal, it is no longer citable as a journal article and
one has to go back to the journal to cite the passage correctly, down
to the page number.

My suggestion is that the IR simply declares that the article
deposited is conformant to the published version and, as such,
citable as is.

In other words, the version of the article would be as good a
reference as the peer-reviewed version of the article.

As for branding issues, I do not remember raising them in the message
mentioned here.

Best,

jcg