Certification and Dissemination

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2008 09:43:42 EDT

It's not that the author must choose (1) (journal) certification OR (2) (OA
repository) dissemination: The right choice is of course BOTH (1) journal
certification (peer review) AND (2) repository dissemination (OA
self-archiving).

Joseph Esposito seems to keep wanting to imagine that what is being
self-archived is only or mostly unrefereed preprints (and, he goes on to
imagine: preprints never even destined to go on to become refereed
postprints).

It would be a good idea to look at what it is that the 41 self-archiving
mandates in ROARMAP are actually stipulating must be deposited. (Without a
single exception, it is the refereed postprint.)
http://www.eprints.org/signup/fulllist.php

Stevan Harnad