Re: Convergent IR Deposit Mandates vs. Divergent CR Deposit Mandates

From: Alma Swan <a.swan_at_TALK21.COM>
Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 20:33:59 +0100

Heather Morrison wrote:

> Are the 5 institutions that have OA policies (and hence
> relative ease in collecting content), the same as the 5
> institutions that require researchers to deposit items
> themselves? I am wondering whether the effectiveness of OA
> mandating obscures the impact of who actually does the depositing.

In every case of a mandatory policy, it is the authors who do the
depositing.

I will be analysing the questionnaire more fully later, but I have a
deadline of Thursday for a report and I cannot stop any more times for other
things, sorry. I'm happy to take questions and store them for later action.
I will also put out a further call for responses so that we have a bigger
database for analysis.

Alma Swan
Key Perspectives Ltd
Truro, UK