Re: Royalty-Seeking on Impact-Seeking Give-Away Content?

From: C.Oppenheim_at_lboro.ac.uk <C.Oppenheim_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2008 14:24:27 +0000

I have little doubt that it is raised in earnest because I have heard
similar comments;  some academics enjoy some income from copying of
their articles and therefore have concerns that their income will
drop with OA.  In my view, they really don't get the point of OA, or
indeed of why they are publishing in the first place.

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim
Head
Department of Information Science