Re: Elsevier Again Confirms Its Position on the Side of the Green OA Angels

From: Hunter, Karen A (ELS-NYC) <"Hunter,>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:03:11 -0600

    [ Your display is set for the "iso-8859-1" character set. ]

Chuck,

Thanks for pointing out a possible misunderstanding.

I was not trying to suggest that authors could not work with others
around them to assist them with postings. What our policy is intended
to address are non-author initiatives (for example, by an IR
administrator) to periodically crawl our site and harvest all
articles (or, in this case, early manuscript versions) originating
from a given institution. By the way, we are happy to work with the
institution on ways to post metadata and link to the final article on
ScienceDirect.

Karen