Re: STM Publisher Briefing on Institution Repository Deposit Mandates

From: C.Oppenheim_at_lboro.ac.uk <C.Oppenheim_at_LBORO.AC.UK>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2009 12:11:58 +0000

My experience as an author is that the top journals have thorough
copy editors and many is the embarrassing mistake in the text that
they have picked up which referees and editors have failed to do so.
But  this is only true of the minority of top journals;  the majority
of journals in my experience do a fairly superficial job of copy
editing and some screw it up.

I wouldn't dismiss citation errors either - there are an annoying
number which slip through which make the item cited untraceable and I
am always grateful to copy editors who pick up my errors in citing
references.

Charles

Professor Charles Oppenheim
Head